Monday, May 1, 2017

We found our true calling : )





Today just as the joint Priesthood/R.S. meeting in Den Bosch was about to start the primary president came in and made an announcement.  I figured out she was asking if anyone would substitute in the nursery.  Oh yeah!  We jumped up and volunteered.  We had a wonderful morning with 3 darling kids.   It turns out our Dutch is just about right for 2-3 year olds!  Joe figured out a few sentences in Dutch with the help of Google.


I found the nursery manual (in Dutch but I still recognize the lessons!) and Joe copied the picture.  I could read the captions for the lesson and the kids colored. 


Nanie didn’t have a snack but Joe had brought me a ham/cheese sandwich and apple (because I was so l late getting ready for church I didn’t have time to eat : ).  I had eaten a couple bites of the sandwich was all so he gave it to Nanie. That solved the food crisis. She ate all the ham and cheese and everyone had an apple slice : ). 





 Roselyn helped us learn “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes” for a singing activity.  Joe had his “happy pills” (as the grandkids call his Skittles) which you know all children need in a stressful moment!   So we were all set and had a wonderful Sabbath morning : )  We decided we will head straight for the nursery when we get home!











No comments:

Post a Comment