Sunday, August 13, 2017

Everyday life


Saturday was a typical day.  We had Sister Lucero, Sister Lechtenberg and Ineka and Albert for dinner.  We cleaned house, grocery shopped, prepared kabobs to barbeque and made 2 strawberry/rhubarb crisps…one for dessert last night and one for the linger longer after church today. 

Shopping is part of nearly every day. 

Saturday I pedaled off with my shopping bags and raincoat (just in case : )  I passed the big park in Zeist Centrum and saw they were having a huge arts and crafts fair.  Usually we don’t have time to stop but Saturday I did.  It was fun to wander and look.  It wasn’t the normal Saturday Market stuff that is in the centrum of every town on the weekends.  It was high end, high quality handmade crafts.  As I wandered the sun started to peek through the clouds and it warmed up a bit.  I really enjoyed that little bit of sun, the music, the aroma of the food trucks and the crowd.

As I left the park, suddenly it began to pour!  I pulled up my hood, put on my helmet and pedaled to the grocery store. 

The store was 6 minutes away.  By the time I got there my skirt was soaked but not the rest of me, thanks to my trusty raincoat! 







 I have a nice gel seat cover on my bike so I decided to sacrifice a grocery bag to try to keep it dry while I shopped : )   













By the time I came out of Jumbos it had turned to a drizzle and by the time I was finished at Albert Heijns the sun was shining!  You’re never sure just what the weather will be like so you’d better be prepared!  It’s part of everyday life : )

1 comment:

  1. At least it's a little of everything! Balance in all things!

    ReplyDelete